WebSTAT - Free Web Statistics


Cross Cancer Institute


The Journey


Trip Log

Bikers Corner

Cancer Links

Status Reports




About Me

Guest Book

View Guest Book


Weekly Status Report - Friday, May 2nd, 2003

Europe - Israel: Due to the cancellation of ferry service to Israel, an alternate solution will be a cargo ship from Piraeus (Greece). The ship departs twice a week (Monday and Wednesday) and it takes 3 days. The result will be a delay in my arrival day as well as higher costs. The Israeli Motorcycle Club ride that was scheduled to take place, will likely be cancelled due to rescheduling difficulties.

The replacement of the relay seems to have improved the ride but has not solved the problem completely.

Summer riding gear has arrived.

Autocom system - ordered. The system will replace the ChaterBox for communication and will allow for hook up to CB radio, the GPS and my MD player.

Yet to find a laptop and cell phone for the European section of the ride. Alternate solution will be the using  Internet Cafes along the way. SPONSORS ARE WELCOME!!!

ICRF Chicago have contacted me and are awaiting final schedule.

Media - on Sunday articles will appear in Israel and Edmonton newspapers. Thanks to the media for their support.

Distributed brochures and fund raising forms with some local companies. The local JCC (Jewish Community Center) will not be able to assist in any significant way unless I am willing to sit at the entrance of the Israeli Independence Day dinner venue and ask for donations. I am not.

Pressure gauge - high and rising! 20 more days!!!